Telecommunication link design using 3-D Geospatial dataset
Maryam Soheili Majd
Iranian Remote Sensing Center (IRSC)No. 22, 14th Street, Saadat Abad, Tehran 19979, Iran
Tel : +98 21 2063207, Fax: +98 21 2064474
Email: m_s email@example.com
In a national project supported by the Radio-Communication Office of the Ministry of Post, Telegraph and Telephone, a team of specialists of the Iranian Remote Sensing Center commissioned to generate 3-D Geospatial dataset of the whole country. Radio-Communication Office needs these data for its countrywide project to find and locate the convenient and suitable locations and sites for mounting telecommunication installations and antennas to provide a full coverage of the country for radio communications. The project aiming to set up a position based dataset for telecommunication link design, comprised of 5 operational phases as follows The project involves:
- DEM (digital elevation model) and DSM (digital surface model) generation using either 1/25000-scale topographic maps or SPOT stereo pairs of the cities were the supplements to the project.
- Providing landuse/morphological maps using spot (XS), TM and ETM through interpretation method of major cities were the supplements to the project, the whole country and 400 km beyond the borders.
- DEM generation of the whole country and 400 km beyond the borders by using the 1/250000 scale topographic maps.
- Generating the mosaic of the 1/250000-scale maps of the whole country and the mosaic of the 1/25000 scale maps of the cities were the supplements to the project.
- Investigation and conversion of dataset into software based propagation models ready for integration into a planning tool that was carried out successfully.